Monday 23 February 2015

Card No.7 - Fix Something (Part 1 of eh... a few!)



Fix something the card said. Easy I said. Sure I'll find something that needs fixing and just put it back together again or get it working again.

I've learned over the years that I have a particular gift for over-complicating some of the simple things. And sure enough I've gone and over-complicated a simple thing!

Midway through another breathless week I decided I was gonna get to work on a broken old computer games arcade table that used to be in a bar. It would make a pretty cool coffee table said I... about a year and a half ago! Ever since it's been gathering dust in the shed without any sign of it ever seeing the light of day. I decided I was gonna clean it up a little, put some casters on it, maybe change the top of it and lo and behold I'd have a coffee table!




Once I had a look inside and reminded myself of what the guts of it looked like, with its wire looms going everywhere and it's circuit boards mounted hapazardly all over the place, the patron saint of over-complication duly appeared on my shoulder and told me that the whole thing would make a lovely drinks cabinet! "Oh and you could fit your CD collection in there too!", he said.



So... to cut a boring story short... Card No.7 has turned from fixing something small into finally getting around to fixing up something I've been meaning to for aaaaaages. It's not major work by any stretch but it will take more than a week to sort and hopefully it'll be pretty cool by the time it's all done! :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment