Sunday 1 February 2015

Card No.4 - Paint A Picture

This week I'm well ahead of myself and completed my weekly task with a whole 2 hours to spare! I haven't done any kind of painting, apart from the odd wall or gate, since I was in college. Now that I think of it, maybe even secondary school. This week flew and life, as it tends to do, got in the way of me getting started on my masterpiece!

I flirted with the idea of various different styles of painting and different subjects but settled on keeping it simple! I decided that my subject matter was going be my one and only sporting hero, Ayrton Senna, a Brazilian considered by many to be the greatest Formula One driver of all time.

I've always loved the whole look of stencil based artwork and something I've never really tried so that was that. Combining Senna, a stencil and two halves of the same sponge, I put some oil paint on a canvas and crossed my fingers! Below are the couple of different stages and the finished product I hope will qualify as fulfilling the terms of Card No. 4 of my 52 things in 52 weeks!





No comments:

Post a Comment