Sunday 7 June 2015

Week Number... eh.. never mind! - Getting Shit Done!

As it happens my last post to this blog was pretty much 2 months to the day! It was about failure and my inability to get one of my tasks done because I was too busy. Well, in that case I've failed miserably since! Not getting it done really pissed me off but it made me realise that I was too busy because I was getting other shit done, stuff that at the time was far more important. The whole idea of the 52 cards and the mini challenges on them was to get me into the habit of getting stuff done and working towards accomplishing the bigger challenges that I've set myself.

A lot has happened in the last 8 weeks or so, much of it a result of pursuing opportunities that I may ordinarily have passed up or even avoided altogether in the past. I've met some amazing people, I've learned a lot about myself (and others!), burned the midnight oil and have had lots of highs as well as the odd low but I've enjoyed every minute.

In times gone by I'd have stood and waited for opportunities to arise but I've learned the hard way (ridiculous as that sounds) that things don't happen like that. Yes it's been an eternity since I last finished one of my 52 cards but I'm ok with it (and the constant abuse!) because I've been busy... getting shit done!

No comments:

Post a Comment