Sunday 22 March 2015

Week 11 - Bring Granny for Sunday Lunch (Now read... 'Do an indoor Triathlon')

The task for this week was to supposed to be bringing my lovely Granny for Sunday lunch. Unfortunately my ninety something year old Gran had more plans than I did for the weekend so that plan went up in shmoke!

So... Plan B. I woke up Sunday morning still to figure out what I was going to do. For some reason the first thing to hop into my head was to attempt to complete an indoor sprint triathlon which is actually one of my other cards. Might not have been one my brightest ideas!

A sprint triathlon consists of a 750m swim and a 20km bike ride followed by a 5km run. Due to the fact I was doing it indoors, I had to make a couple of changes to the order so the bike came first, followed by the 5k run and then the swim. The other thing I had to take into account was the fact that my body is banjaxed and my physio won't allow me to run due to a combination of a dodgy knee and a bulging disc in my back. Soooooo... the only solution that wouldn't hurt like hell was to walk the 5k 'run'!

The end result is that I finished the whole thing despite the fact I thought I was going to calve halfway through the swim, which I admit, I had to stop briefly during! All I need to do now is learn how to run again! Run Forrest... Run!
 

20km Cycle - 41:00

5km Run (Walk!) - 44:58

750m Swim - 15:56 (Took me 15 seconds to work the timer!)








No comments:

Post a Comment