Sunday 8 March 2015

Week No.9 - Make a roast dinner

Week Number 9 in the Big Brother... I mean 52 week challenge! This week's challenge was to do something I'm ashamed to say I've never done before and cook a roast dinner. My sister was home from London for the weekend so it seemed like good timing to make it a Sunday Roast Dinner.

So... following a heavy night of boozing and celebrating my cousin's 30th birthday, sticking a pizza in the oven and uploading a stock photo of a roast beef diner sounded very tempting!

Roast beef was the order of the day with some veggies and both roast potatoes and roast sweet potatoes. Said I'd try some Yorkshire Puddings too. Doing a dinner like this was always something I wanted to do but I guess I was kinda afraid of messing it up! When you think of it, what can really go wrong?!

Sunday Roast Dinner:

Roast Beef - Carrots, parsnip, celery, red onion, a mountain of garlic, olive oil, sea salt, black pepper.
Roast Veg - Roast carrots & roast parsnips with rosemary & garlic.
Roast Potatoes - Both good ol' regular roasties and sweet potato too.
Yorskshire Puddings & Gravy

Lessons learned...

• A roast dinner is much easier than I thought
• The beef always needs longer in the oven than you think
• I messed up the Yorkshire puddings (Think I know what I did wrong!)







I'm not one for taking photos of my dinner so you'll have to trust me that it was delicious!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment