Monday 28 December 2015

Week 23 - Make my mother's chocolate cake

It's become a sort of tradition that my mam makes a chocolate cake for me every year for my birthday in December. This cake is a work of baked beauty and its pièce de résistance has always been the Cadbury's chocolate icing. I've made it once before but it was a hybrid version that was broken out for the purposes of a Great British Bake-off competition forefeit!

This time around it was going to be as per the original (and best!) recipe. I have witnesses to both the making and consumption of said cake and as far as I know, nobody has presented with any life-threatening side effects! In my humble opinion is was bloody brilliant! Oh and a big thanks to my Aunt Brenda for providing Santa for the top of it!











No comments:

Post a Comment