Monday 28 December 2015

Week 24 - Visit the Zoo

I had planned on going to the Zoo in London when I was there a number of weeks ago but a couple of things happened... It was raining the day I was initially gonna go, I found out that going is bloody expensive and thirdly I realised that I wasn't overly bothered about going!

It was on one of my cards however, so it had to be done... ish! I embarked on a stroll around London that took me waaaaaay further than I'd planned! As a result I decided to stroll through Regent's Park which is home to the ZSL London Zoo. It is, in fact, the oldest scientific zoo on the world and was opened way back in 1828.

The zoo is actually on both sides of the road as you walk by and it's pretty handy the way you can see loads of stuff from the road as you walk by. Unfortunately the rain meant that pretty much all of the animals had more sense than me and were taking shelter indoors! At least I got to see a giraffe or two!









No comments:

Post a Comment