Tuesday 29 December 2015

Week 25 - Use public transport for a week

I have to admit that I do love driving (hence the tour of the 32 counties!) and I don't get many weeks where I don't need to drive for one reason or another. The lovely Alan Doheny and Joanne O'Toole have always taken great pleasure in taking the p**s that I wouldn't know how to get a bus if my life depended on it! Well... I've only gone and done it! Not only that but I took a train, a tram, a tube and a taxi. Oh and a plane or 2!

I’m gonna keep this short as it may well be the most boring blog post subject ever chosen. The week started with a train journey to Dublin and I think I’m still recovering from the price of it. We’re still not at the level of train prices in the UK but holy sh*t Irish Rail ain’t cheap! I then got the lovely Luas into Dublin town. The following day involved a quick spin on the DART and another day out on the LUAS. Living the high life I was! Later in the week I got the AirCoach to Dublin Airport to get a flight to London to see my sister Aisling. A couple of trains, buses, tubes and another flight later and I was back on the AirCoach into Dublin. That’s a week of public transport done and dusted. Trains, planes and bus-shaped automobiles.

Now wasn’t that fun!! :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment